College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Jeremy L. Johnson, PharmD, BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
OSU Physicians, Department of Internal Medicine Houston Center
717 S. Houston Ave., Suite 300
Tulsa, OK 74127-9006
||Area of Study
||University of Oklahoma
||University of Oklahoma
||University of Oklahoma
||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Scholarly Interests and Research Areas:
- Outcomes research with emphasis on improving the practice of pharmacy and patient care
- Case reports (often related to diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension, asthma, anticoagulation, or hepatitis C)
- Patient empowerment in chronic disease state and medication management (ambulatory care) while maintaining health literacy sensitivity
- Education and Mentorship
|APPE Ambulatory Care
- Faculty with The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy 2001-2015
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) since 2003
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) since 2011
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP) since 2011
- Downes JM, O’Neal KS, Miller MJ, Johnson JL, Gildon B, Weisz MA. Identifying opportunities to improve medication management in transitions of care. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2015; 72(suppl2):S58-69. doi: 10.2146/ajhp150059. September 1, 2015.
- Winder MB, Johnson JL, Planas LG, Crosby KM, Gildon BL, and Oberst-Walsh LA. Impact of Pharmacist-Led Educational and Error Notification Interventions on Prescribing Errors in a Family Medicine Clinic. JAPhA. 2015;55:238-245. Doi: 10.1331/JAPhA.2015.14130.
- O’Neal KS, Johnson JL, Swar S. Nontraditional Considerations with Insulin Needle Length Selection. Dia Spectr (Diabetes Spectrum) November 2015 28:4 264-267; doi:10.2337/diaspect.28.4.264.
- Johnson JL, O’Neal KS, Pack CC, Kim MK. Management of a Prediabetes case with the DPP-4 Inhibitor Sitagliptin. Ann Pharmacother (Annals of Pharmacotherapy) 2014;48(6):811-815. DOI: 10.1177/1060028014528681.
- Johnson JL, O’Neal KS. An Initiative to Transition New Faculty from Resident to Residency Preceptor through Direct Mentorship. Curr Phar Teach Learn (Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning). 2014. Published online, May 2014; DOI 10.1016/j.cptl.2014.04.013.
- Garrison RM, Johnson JL, Condren ME, Farmer KC, Jelley DH. Influence of the Type of Basal Insulin and Other Variables on Clinical Outcomes in Children with Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes. ISRN Pediatrics Published online. Doi.org/10.1155/2014/758343. February 6, 2014.
- Pham TT, Miller MJ, Harrison DL, Lloyd AE, Crosby, KM, Johnson JL. Association between Cardiovascular Disease and Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug Prescribing In the Midst of Evolving Guidelines. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Published Online. doi:10.1111/jep.12014. November 19, 2012.
- Conway S, Johnson J, Ripley T. Integration of Team-Based Learning Strategies into a Cardiovascular Module. Am J Pharm Educ 2010; 74 (2); 1-7.
- National Presentations:
- Johnson J, O’Neal K. Pathophysiology of Prediabetes and Early Treatment Considerations. Platform Presentation. American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Meeting and Exhibition (AADE15). New Orleans, LA. August, 2015.
- O’Neal K, Johnson J. The Role and Management of Statins in Dyslipidemia and Addressing Patient Barriers to Use. Platform Presentation. American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Meeting and Exhibition (AADE15). New Orleans, LA. August, 2015.
- O’Neal K, Johnson J. An Evaluation of the Barriers to Patient use of Glucometer Control Solution: A Survey of Patients, Pharmacists, and Providers. Research Session Platform Presentation. American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE14) Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL. August 6, 2014
- Johnson J, O’Neal K. Managing Cardiovascular Complications of Diabetes: Dyslipidemia and Hypertension. Platform Presentation. American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Meeting and Exhibition (AADE13). Philadelphia, PA. August, 2013
- Brunner LJ, Johnson J, Ofstad W, Lloyd AE. Team Based Learning: Windfalls and Pitfalls. “Special Session” Platform Presentation. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. Chicago, Il. July 16, 2013
- State Presentations:
- Johnson J. Strategies for Managing Type 2 Diabetes on a Budget. Diabetes Management and Teaching Strategies: Beyond the Basics 2015. Harold Hamm Diabetes Center. Oklahoma City, OK. May 15, 2015.
- Johnson J. Highlights of the new cholesterol and blood pressure guidelines: New philosophies and controversies. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy Walter P. Scheffe Continuing Pharmaceutical Education Series, Tulsa, OK. November 1, 2014
- Johnson J. Highlights of the new blood pressure and cholesterol guidelines: A whole new philosophy. Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists (OSHP) Annual Meeting. Oklahoma City, OK. April 4, 2014
- Johnson J. Dyslipidemia Guidelines in 2012: Is Anything New? University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy
- Walter P. Scheffe Continuing Pharmaceutical Education Series, Tulsa, OK. November 2012
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
100 Campus Drive - Weatherford, OK 73096 - 580.72.6611