Office: St. Anthony Hospital
1111 N. Lee Ave, Suite 241 Oklahoma City, OK 73103
(Phone) (405) 272-7118 (Fax) (405) 601-1201
Dr. Meri Hix
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Pharm. D.||Southwestern Oklahoma State University||Pharmacy|
|PGY 1 Residency||Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System||Pharmacy Practice|
|PGY 2 Residency||Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System||Geriatrics|
Scholarly Interests and Research Areas:
- Internal Medicine
- Pain Management
- Renal Disease
- Education & Training
|Medicine Rotations||Pharm 5954, 5964, 5974|
|Pharmacotherapy I||Pharm 4323|
|Pharmaceutical Care Lab IV||Pharm 4341|
|Health Issues III||Pharm 5822|
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Abilene, TX
- St. Anthony Hospital Family Medicine Residents’ Award of Appreciation
Selected publications and presentations:
- Hix M. Pain and Sensory Disorders. In: Hutchison LC, Sleeper RB, editors. Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy: An Evidence-based Approach, 2nd Edition. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists; 2015, Chapter 14.
- Hix M. Management of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain. ACCP Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program 6th Edition, Chronic Illnesses, Book 11. 2009.
- The Dementias. Continuing education programming through the SWOSU Continuing Education office. 2013.
- Medications and Transitions of Care. Presentation at multidisciplinary education conference with the Oklahoma Geriatric Center. Weatherford, OK. November 2012.
- Types of Dementia and Treatment Options. Continuing education symposium for Texas Tech Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy. Dallas, TX. January 2012.
- Pain Management in the Elderly. Continuing education program for Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists Annual Meeting. Oakbrook Terrace, IL. August 2010.
- Clinical Controversies: Pharmacologic Treatment of Unintentional Weight Loss: Making the Case for Orexigenics. Educational session at ASCP’s 30th Midyear Conference in Las Vegas, NV. May 2008. Encore presentation at AMDA 2009 Annual Symposium in Charlotte, NC. March 2009.
The views and opinions expressed in these pages are strictly those of Dr. Meri Hix . The content of these pages has not been reviewed or approved by Southwestern Oklahoma State University.